Saturday, 9/14 at noon through Sunday, 9/15 at Mingus Mountain Playground Group Campground
Please join us at Mingus Mountain Playground Group Campground for a weekend of fun in the pines!
The cost to attend is $5.00 per person. Kids age 5 and under are free.
The official camp activities start at noon on Saturday and end at 11:00 AM on Sunday. The group sites are reserved and paid for the entire weekend, so you are welcome to camp on Friday night as well.
Lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday will be provided by the Pack.
There is a small lake near the campground. If you would like to go fishing, you need to bring your own fishing gear. Also, Scouts can only fish with a licensed adult. See the Arizona Game & Fish Department for license details (http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/licenses.shtml)
The campground is located northeast of Prescott on US Route 89. Here are some directions:
- From Phoenix, take I-17 north towards Flagstaff
- Take the AZ-69 exit near Cordes Junction
- Go about 21 miles and turn right onto Fain Road
- After about 7 miles, make a sharp right onto Arizona 89A N
- After about 12 miles, turn right onto Forest 104 Route (by the Summit Picnic Area)
- Destination will be on the right in about 1 1/2 miles. You've gone too far if you get to the Mingus Mountain Methodist Camp.
Hope to see you all there!