- Width – no more than 2 3/4”
- Length – no more than 7”
- Weight – no more than 5 ounces
- Width between wheels – 1 3/4”
- Clearance between car and track – 3/8”
- No wheel bearings, washers or bushings.
- The car shall not ride on springs.
- Only official Cub Scout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels and axles.
- Only dry lubricant is permitted.
- Accessories, such as steering wheels and drivers, are permissible as long as these accessories do to exceed the maximum length, width and weight specifications.
- The car must be freewheeling with no starting devices.
- The car must have been made during the current Scout year.
Getting ready for Pinewood Derby 2015
If you will be working on your racer during the holidays, keep in mind the inspection rules for this year's race (no changes from previous years).